How to Ensure You Qualify For the Best Possible Processing Rate
- Always swipe the card in any scenario you can.
- Always enter the billing zip code when keying in a card.
- Always enter the CVV (3 or 4 digit) security number on the front or back of the card.
- If your credit card machine or software prompts you for “tax amount” always enter something .
- If your credit card machine or software has other fields available (this generally only happens when accepting corporate or purchasing cards- level III data) such as invoice number, purchase number, tax rate, tax rate, duty amount, freight amount, ship from zip, ship to address, etc. then make sure to enter something in these fields. This is based on the software you use.
- If your terminal or software ever asks for something NEVER skip it. Enter something so you can qualify for the best available rate.
- Always close your batch (settle your transactions) at the end of the day!
Image courtesy of hin255 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net